Friday, June 01, 2012

Who is Morris Gleitzman?

Myspace Words - http://www.glitterwordslive.com


 


www.morrisgleitzman.com/

I can’t remember much of my childhood. Just the best bits (books, corned beef and scoring goals) and the worst bits (sties, rhubarb and a stiff hamster). And the birthday morning I ran joyfully into the living room, tripped over my presents and sprained my elbow.
I read every book I could get my hands on. Classics, westerns, Enid Blyton, soccer star biographies, Richmal Crompton's William series (my favourites) and recipe books (particularly the corned beef sections).
Then, in 1969, we immigrated to Australia. It was a big change. The heat, the flies and the completely different tinned meats. The shock was so great I stopped reading books for nearly a year. When I started again I found I wanted to write as well.   

No comments: